Kappa Omicron Nu encourages and supports research to advance knowledge and understanding in the human sciences.
Undergraduate Research Community
The Undergraduate Research Community is sponsored by the Kappa Omicron Nu Leadership Academy and was formed in partnership with the Board on Human Sciences, the National Association of State Universities and Land-grant Colleges (now Association of Public and Land-grant Universities), the Council of Administrators of Family & Consumer Sciences, AAFCS–Higher Education Unit, and the 1890 Council of Administrators. The URC provides a framework and a community to augment the scholarship of learning and teaching in preparing students for graduate education, the workplace, and responsible citizenship. It serves as a catalyst for increasing the experiential content of undergraduate education in the human sciences. In other words, the URC advances both undergraduate student development and a national undergraduate research agenda for the human sciences.
- Overview and Participation Guidelines
- Undergraduate Research Journal for the Human Sciences (URJHS)
- URJHS Blog
- Research Resource Guide
Human Sciences Working Papers Archive
The Human Sciences Working Papers Archive is a KON Minisite designed to facilitate communication across the human sciences, to stimulate comment, and to make ideas quickly available. Papers are all intended for eventual publication in refereed journals or collected volumes.
Publication opportunities are extended to all—from high school students to seasoned professionals. Our members are also eligible to apply for generous annual grants that support research at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels.
- Kappa Omicron Nu professional publications
- Call for Undergraduate Papers: Coordinating Council of Honor Societies
- Call for Undergraduate Papers: Undergraduate Research Journal
- Call for Undergraduate Papers: URJHS Special Edition on School Bullying
- Call for Undergraduate Papers: URC
- Call for High School Student Papers: URJHS