Kids and Clothes
- Prepare Booklet of Tips for Clothes Shopping and Care
- Assign a scenario to 4-6 children. Direction: Using the Booklet, solve the scenario problem.
- Share solutions with large group.
- Scenario 1 - Jane joined her best friend's family at a picnic at the beach. While eating a hotdog, mustard dropped onto her favorite white blouse. What should Jane do to remove the stain?
- Scenario 2 - Maribeth's favorite Aunt Polly came to visit. During a welcome hug, Aunt Polly's lipstick stained Maribeth's blue top. Maribeth wonders what to do to remove the stain.
- Scenario 3 - Jack and his Mom went shopping for school clothes. Jack's Mom was so upset with Jack's demand to buy very expensive sport shoes that his Mom took him home without buying anything. How could this disagreement and scene be prevented?
- Scenario 4 - Ellen was so upset when she came home from the first day at school. She declared that she would never wear her outfit again; her outfit was obviously not the "in" fashion. How could this problem be prevented?
- Scenario 5 - Jeanie had a big argument with her Mom on a shopping trip. She wanted an expensive sweater and skirt, and her mother said that they had already spent too much money on her clothes. What should Jeanie and her Mom do to prevent this problem the next time?
- Scenario 6 - Paige wore her favorite outfit to school, and on her way home she crashed her bike and got blood all over her clothes. What should Paige do to get the stain out?
- Scenario 7 - Kelly chose laundering her clothes as her household task. Give Kelly some tips for sorting and laundering her clothes.
- More - Create your own scenarios