About Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an honor society?
- Honor Societies exist for one primary purpose: to encourage and honor superior scholarship and leadership achievement. more...
What is Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society?
- Kappa Omicron Nu is the National Honor Society for high-achieving students in the Human Sciences. more...
- PowerPoint presentation
How do I know KON is a legitimate Honor Society?
Kappa Omicron Nu is a member of the Association of College of Honor Societies (ACHS). ACHS is the nation’s only certifying agency for college and university honor societies. The Association sets standards for organizational excellence and scholastic eligibility, ensures that member societies are structured to advance the interests of their individual members and adhere to sound business practices, and serves as a resource to protect consumers from disreputable organizations that do not live up to the name “honor society.” Since its founding in 1925, ACHS has represented and promoted the interests of more than 92 million honors students.The mission of ACHS is to build a visibly cohesive community of national and international honor societies that promotes the values of higher education; fosters excellence in scholarship, leadership, service, and research; and adheres to the standards of honor society excellence
What are the Human Sciences?
- The Human Sciences are those fields committed to improving social justice and developing more desirable relations in communities, organizations, and the wider society for the benefit of all. Our fields include (but are not limited to) athletic training, design, education, exercise science, family and consumer sciences, financial planning, food science and human nutrition, gerontology, health sciences, hotel/restaurant management, human development, interior design and human environment, kinesiology, leadership, merchandising management, policy analysis and management, social work, textiles and apparel, and wellness.
Why should I join Kappa Omicron Nu?
- Benefits of membership include access to scholarships and grants, leadership and publication opportunities, and more...
- Comprehensive benefits of honor society membership
What is the mission of KON?
- The mission of Kappa Omicron Nu is empowered leaders who use an integrative approach to enhance quality of living. The mission will enable the organization and chapters to prepare scholars and researchers as leaders for the 21st century. more...
Do I qualify for membership?
- Details regarding membership eligibility can be found here.
How do I join?
- Students who are eligible for membership are invited to join Kappa Omicron Nu by existing KON chapters. See the existing chapter list here. Guidelines for the establishment of a new chapter may be found here.
How can I renew my membership?
- See the renewal form.
How can I contact KON?
- See our contact page.
Elsewhere on the website:
- Board of Directors and Committees
- Board Policy Handbook - Policy Governance
- Chapter Award of Excellence - Annual Report Summaries of award recipients
- Chapter Petition
- Committees (national)
- Constitution - KON constitution
- Fellowships & Grants
- Guidelines for Chartering Chapters
- Handbook for New Members - history, mission, membership eligibility, membership fees, benefits of membership
- Internships - Scholarships available
- Leadership - Leadership and Development resources
- Membership and Chapter Information - Links to Handbooks, Forms, Chapter List, Member and Chapter Services, Awards Programs, Grants, Merchandise, Board Info, Chapter Programs
- Model Chapter Bylaws
- National Initiatives
- News & Events
- Program Priorities for 2012-2016
- Links to KON publication archives, order forms, and guidelines