Undergraduate Research Community (URC)
Call for Undergraduate
Student Research Papers
|Please note that the Undergraduate Research Journal is on temporary hiatus while we seek editorial assistance. All submissions received will be held pending processing. To remove a manuscript from consideration, please submit an email to email@example.com.
Undergraduate students are eligible to submit research manuscripts, papers, and reports for publication by Kappa Omicron Nu.
Research not only bridges the gap between knowledge and experience but has the benefit of laying the groundwork for career exploration and development. The opportunity for undergraduates to participate in a national conference is an added value to the overall educational experience and to the process of self-discovery.
- Integrative, cross specialization research
- Service-learning research
- Traditional research in the specializations (research manuscripts, research papers, research reports.) See Guidelines for Submissions: http://www.kon.org/urc/urc_authorguidelines.html.
Criteria For Selection - The following five criteria will be used in selecting the papers and reports to be presented:
- Scholarly presentation
- Justification for the study
- Logical organization
- Mastery of the subject
- Appropriate documentation
Specifications - Manuscripts, papers, and reports must meet the following specifications:
- Manuscripts, papers, and reports submitted for consideration may describe student projects or research from seminars, independent studies, research assistantships, or class projects in the student's major, and must be completed between January 1, 2015 and April 15, 2016.
- Manuscripts, papers, and reports should be from four to six pages in length and the text must be double-spaced.
- List keywords (5-8) on the cover page. The main purpose of keywords is to enable successful searching in a database for the main message of your paper. When selecting keywords always think about how any reader might interrogate the database.
- Only manuscripts, papers, and reports from completed research projects will be considered for the award. Manuscripts, papers, and reports may be submitted once.
- Students who recently completed their degrees and have graduated are still eligible to be considered for this opportunity.
- APA guidelines (other style manuals may be used)
Application and Review Procedures - The manuscript, paper, or report must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, contact Lisa W. Booth at
(T) 517.351.8335 - email@example.com.
- Applications and submissions will be accepted until slots are filled.
- A cover page must be submitted to identify the author's name, address, phone number, e-mail address, name of college/university, name of faculty mentor, name of faculty member who served as the writing adviser, student status (e.g., junior), and parent's address and telephone for emergency contact. No identification of the author or institution should appear on the pages of the application.
- In the case of multiple authors—student authors are preferred; a professor as a last author is acceptable.
- A committee composed of faculty mentors of undergraduate research will review submitted applications.
- Applicants should understand that selection carries the obligation of presenting the manuscript, paper, or report.
©2002-2016 All rights reserved by the Undergraduate Research Community.